- As for the blog's name: -


I was @ Gustav Ericsson's sight, - Anzenkai, and I was looking at Nishijima Roshi’s calligraphies over there. Particularly there is one - "seki shin hen pen" - about which Gustav has earlier said in a blog post that it is Nishijima's favorite phrase from Master Dogen.

This seemed strange to me. It was not what I would expect Nishijima Roshi's favorite phrase to be. It seemed it could be some Rinzai master's favorite quote, - it seems to express continuous and constant sincerity, - but it did not seem to fit my view of the way Nishijima Roshi saw things.

So - consequently - I tried to think what would I expect his favorite quote to be. But all phrases I could think of did not seem to fit just what I might have had in mind.

So I tried to come up with what I would see it as, - and what I have come up with - is - "this universe out here".

- And this seems to be the right name for this blog here too.


- Definitely.                                                 ________________________

Nihilism

Some may say nothing matters. Does the concept of “matter” actually exist? - Are there things which matter and things which do not?
 
- Wtf.

- Many would think if you accept the idea nothing matters, - it would mean reasonably one should not make any effort in any direction. - Roughly speaking, - just lay flat on your back. Some would point that just laying flat like this would lead to suffering, - and they would usually take it for granted that one would wish to avoid it, - so they might present this as a reason for diligence.

- The point here is different: - Why do many initially have in mind that if nothing matters it would mean we ought to give rise to laziness? - Why do they imagine it must mean, - or would mean, - we ought to do nothing, - try nothing, - or lay flat as I said? - The reason is quite obviously, - laziness is so inherent in them, - and this is definitely no rare thing, - that they subsequently have this view. - Actually, - I would say, quite clearly, - if nothing matters, - it would mean nothing either way! - This means you could lay flat on your back, - or make the utmost effort in any craziest manner, - or anything in between. But it clearly and explicitly does not mean the first is better than the second! 
 
- The mistake is very easy.
 
Almost everyone falls in it.

- There is not much to explain. The point is simple. - But so easily overlooked. - There is an inner false notion people are not aware of-the-real-nature-of, - just assuming reasonlessly they should actually satisfy laziness if no other contradicting cause is apparent.
 
- The root, I believe, - is harmony.
 
It does seem like the harmonious situation is the best situation.
 
- How could I say that if nothing matters? - I could not.
 
- But if you do want to see anything as a thing that matters, - harmony is of course no doubt better than laziness.
 
- And the notion for seeking what-is-actually-derived-by-laziness does seem to originate through its relationship with harmony. It seems like - somewhat, - a primitive way of seeking harmony. - However, - as for our point here, - I believe, - that if we are able to remove this false notion, or otherwise at least see through it, - somewhat at least, we could (hopefully) notice that nihilism does not mean abandoning any attempt to get anything, - practically.
 
- I could guess one could only understand the real meaning of nothing having any meaning - so to speak, - if one is enlightened. - Which is [of course] very rare. But otherwise too one can understand my words. [- here]

- So far.
 
- The reason spiritual teachers avoid (sometimes) the point of no meaning or no value is - I would say, - that the point referred to here is missed. Otherwise is ought to be possible to speak of it.
 
So far.

No comments: