- As for the blog's name: -


I was @ Gustav Ericsson's sight, - Anzenkai, and I was looking at Nishijima Roshi’s calligraphies over there. Particularly there is one - "seki shin hen pen" - about which Gustav has earlier said in a blog post that it is Nishijima's favorite phrase from Master Dogen.

This seemed strange to me. It was not what I would expect Nishijima Roshi's favorite phrase to be. It seemed it could be some Rinzai master's favorite quote, - it seems to express continuous and constant sincerity, - but it did not seem to fit my view of the way Nishijima Roshi saw things.

So - consequently - I tried to think what would I expect his favorite quote to be. But all phrases I could think of did not seem to fit just what I might have had in mind.

So I tried to come up with what I would see it as, - and what I have come up with - is - "this universe out here".

- And this seems to be the right name for this blog here too.


- Definitely.                                                 ________________________

Dead grasp of contemporary zombies - June 29th 2019

People in general will never understand meditation as long as they will not understand that psychology and/or psychiatry are totally - generally - unable to understand it based on their contemporary knowledge and path. One who truly understands meditation understands how miserable and practically quite idiotic these paths of inquiry are. - They are roads leading nowhere. Their investigation of meditation would never be taken seriously by anyone who has real knowledge of it. - It is like a severely mentally retarded person trying to understand the mentality of a common reasonable one. - It is like trying to construct a trampoline while being able to use only the most rigid and dry materials, like old pieces of totally weathered wood of zero flexibility. - Or like trying to make a cloud off similar small bits of the same material. These people generally don’t know what they are doing. They’d be a joke in the eyes of any real person who can see the relevant things as what they are. Though not many speak since it is quite pointless.

- However, - if you think what these contemporary cute guys have to say about the matter is significant, or if you’d go to their words for finding out what it is or for finding out about it, - it means you know nothing about it. Their ability is like that of an animal-pathologist trying to find out about animals mentality off post mortem autopsy. Thing will be known, inevitably, - but I could not make a time estimation. As for now, - it is important, in general, - not to seek understanding of the field in turning to those considered authorized in the academic world - who use the most ridiculous tools in their fundamental ignorance regarding the matter.

I happened to write this following an article in a newspaper (“Haaretz”) by a person who says he is sitting but seems to understand nothing of the matter. (An additional to Friday’s paper on June 28 this year) Terrible newspaper in my view, - though I recall it used to be a good one years ago, - but I admit I never read the whole piece since it was far from enjoyable, but only several pieces of it here and there. (It was quite a long one)

1 comment:

Ran K. said...

In case it is unclear, - when said “June 28 this year” it means June 28 2019, - since the post was written just the next day, - as referred to in the title.